What will I learn from this course?
Development teams become far better equipped to reduce the time and cost of delivering new products both for internal and external customers, utilizing the following training experience:
- Requirements Engineering practices and other “best practice” topics expected in excellent development and management courses.
- An overview of ground-breaking cognitive and linguistics science that help stakeholders and delivery teams avoid many misunderstandings, errors and slow-downs.
- Linguistic techniques to support comprehension in communication of stakeholder Requirements, and the more predictable delivery of new products.
- Practical exercises to reinforce major topics.
Course Agenda: Requirements Engineering Course
Day 1 Requirements Engineering (8 hrs)
- Texts, Course process, Participant goals
- Handout reviews
Communications Concepts Overview
- Stakeholder Identification
- Principle Stakeholder Teams
- Producer Consumer Communications
- Ontologies, Categories and Concept Dictionaries
- Communication across Principle Stakeholders
- Vision and Scope; Need, Goals and Objectives; Concepts of Operation
- Product Roadmap / Agile Framework
- Roadmap to User Story progression
- Use Cases
- Diagrams and Analysis tools
- Requirements Allocation
- Characteristics of excellent requirements
- Managing Change in Requirements
Process and Continuous Improvement
- Process, Metrics, Analysis, Continuous Improvement
Closing Statements and Summations
- Attendee thoughts and summations
- Anonymous Course evaluations